The Mission :
The following is the plan for
the Norman Vaughan 100th birthday Antarctic Expedition.
- March 11 - 13, 2005: Training
with team, sleds, systems.
- November 25, 2005: Expedition
plane departs Anchorage, Alaska, for Steward Island, New
- December 1, 2005: Plane arrives
- December 3, 2005: First flight
to the continent with base camp crew.
- December 12, 2005: Norman
and support team depart Stewart Island for Mount Vaughan.
- December 13 - 17, 2005: Set
up base camp, prepare route on mountain.
- December 19, 2005: Summit